Wednesday 9 May 2018

Lloyd Loom Ottoman Refurbishment

Hello

My lovely gardening customer Don had an original 1930s Lloyd Loom Ottoman, the pink Lusty one which had never been touched. The fabric on the top had rotted away so he asked me if I could reupholster the top.  I sorted out a tartan piece which was the right size from my secret fabric store in the summerhouse!  Its amazing what you can hide away in there!

But when I put the new fresh looking fabric next to the ottoman, the wickerwork looked awful so a complete makeover was needed.  As usual, totally forgot to take the before photo.  Here's the after.


I painted the base with eggshell paint.  When taking the fabric top off I saved the tiny upholstery tacks and reused them.


Don was thrilled with it.  Phew.

Its the largest upholstery project that I have done, the other 4 have just been chair seats.

Cheers
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I too often forget to take "before" photos.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzie, I would have liked to keep this one, think of all the fabric it could have stored. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that tartan material, such gorgeous earth tones. Your paint job is also suberb, no wonder Don was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie, Its amazing what a bit of paint and fabric can do. x

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box