Sunday 4 August 2019

Two Well Dressed Rabbitty Hares - Luna Lapin

Hello

Why make one rabbitty hares when you can make two.




They both have pretty dresses with peter pan collars.



Two little felt coats complete with antique mother of pearl buttons, thanks Julie for your lovely gift, its taken a while to find a use for these teeny buttons.



I was going to put fancy pants (French lace knickers) on them but they got fluffy tails instead.


I thought that making dinky dress and coats would be easier than full size ones but these were fiddly to make.  It was made easier using the Singer Featherweight, its got a lovely little foot on it which was perfect for doing the top stitching.






The felt shoes were easier to make than I thought.

Got a piece of grey felt left so might make a boy one.




4 comments:

  1. These are lovely!! You could flog them for a fortune! Sort of thing that would go down well in Liberty's I bet..... I'm not surprised that making tiny clothes was much harder than adult sized ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, they do take rather a long time to make. Don't think that I would want to make them to sell, I made my last hobby into a business (gardening), its no longer my favourite thing to do on a weekend!

      Delete
  2. How cute are they? I love that 'bottoms up' picture 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am no photographer but they do look like they could just start giggling and wiggle their tails

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box