Saturday 20 June 2020

Sewing Room Tidy UP

Hello

My sewing room aka conservatory has been looking so untidy for absolutely ages, stuff everywhere so I had a bit of a tidy up and reorganise.

I put a larger set of drawers into the summerhouse and was going to throw the smaller ones out but when I shifted them out, decided that they didn't look too bad and moved them into the conservatory.  When I put them in the summerhouse they were light purple but the sun has faded them into a duck egg colour which is handy.  The handles finally came for the other set but thought they would look nice on the smaller drawers.   Eventually I would like a set of vintage drawers to replace these but they will do for now.  Top drawer has all sorts of thread in it, next one has all my rulers (except the larger ones), third one has my covered notebooks in, zipped bags.  The bottom one is for "stuff". 

 

The sewing table is home to my 201K, I use it to top stitch my quilts.  The vintage suitcases hold various unfinished projects, the blue one has my "dear jane" quilt patches which I must get on with.  The top brown one has fabric waiting to be made into a quilt and the leather one at the bottom is full of vintage Singer attachments.



On one of my better days when I was recovering from the virus, I repainted my "doorstop" shoe lasts highlighting the raised names with gold enamel paint.




I've been giving my Singer 222K a run out recently, I like to use all my machines so they all have a go to keep the oil flowing and parts moving.  Will give it a clean and oil before swapping it for one of the 221Ks.



The little sewing cabinet in the corner came out of my dad's garage when we cleared it out, Mum used to use it before it went in there, then I used it to keep my spare horse tack in so it was well bashed before I painted it.  



The room is still crowded and old fashioned, but I enjoy working in there, the birds sing in the garden while I sew. 

Cheer
Sharon

4 comments:

  1. You've got some nice bits of furniture there! Very much my taste. It does indeed look like a nice place to sew. And you've reminded me that my little sewing room needs tidying too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I hope you are fully recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting there, back at work but only 2hrs a day instead of 4. thanks for asking, are you OK?

      Delete
  3. Thanks Lizzie, it didn't stay tidy for long, been in there and made a mess! Most of the furniture was free which is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box