Tuesday 30 August 2022

Additions to the Button Box

 Hello

Gosh, its been a long time since I did a blog.  Better late than never?

As you can guess, I have a thing about buttons, not a huge collection just occasional little gems.

Here are the latest additions.







A find on eBay, an interesting job lot.

Think these are the best of the bunch.











This is so pretty








The lovely Lizzie from whatthisbikeneeds.blogspot.com/  kindly sent me a gift.  She thought the book was "right up my street"  she wasn't wrong.  Its all about family buttons through the generations, found in button boxes, cut off garments and later on added to others.  Small treasurers triggering memories of childhood, long gone family, happy times of small children playing with granny's button box.  Thank you Lizzie for a perfect gift.









Will try not to leave it so long until my next blog.

Cheers

Sharon

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nice comments! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. You've got some lovely buttons there. I keep thinking about doing a post but there's so much else to do at the moment...so much fruit to forage and preserve amongst other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buttons and I understand the pain of not finding time to blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully will get more time to blog next year, going to reduce my work hours.

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box