Thursday 14 February 2019

Centennial 221K First Project - Valentine Mini Quilt

Hello

Finally got my new to me, Centennial 221K restoration completed.  Yeah!

To test it out, I decided to make a mini quilt for Valentines Day.  I didn't think that my partner would appreciate a mini quilt so bought him beer instead. The mini quilt was for me.  I bought a lovely little Moda 5" charm pack of reproduction fabrics.



The little machine is a delight to use.  Since I put some oil on the bottom bobbin case its really quiet and smooth, producing wonderful neat stitches.



The hearts are hand appliqued on the 3" squares of fabric.  The blocks were then  sewn on the machine using a 1/4" foot.  I hand quilted around the hearts before putting on the binding.




The little machine is quite speedy so really pleased with it.  I will use it for a while so that all the oil and motor lubricant gets to where its needed.  I don't know how many years have passed since this lovely machine last worked, I presume it was many years ago.  So glad I was able to get it working again, there were times when I wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew, but it all worked out Ok in the end.

I am not going to say that I won't do another one, you never know what's out there that needs rescuing!

Cheers
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Lovely mini quilt. Nice to come across a quilting blog
    that's closer to my little corner of the universe (Ireland)
    Kerry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry, not too far away. Years ago, I used to go the North West 200 motor bike races in the North, the coastline was stunning, keep meaning to go back. Do you quilt?

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box