Thursday 2 May 2019

Homemade Needle Case Birthday Present

Hello

Just for a change I actually made something with my Singer 221K, all I have seemed to do recently is service and restore my machines instead of using them!

Using the Centennial Featherweight I made a needlecase using the pattern from this lovely book (bought from The Works for just a few pounds).   It was for my sister Sandi.


I tweaked the embroidery pattern a bit missing out a cat (my sis is not a cat person)


Filled it with a selection of needles and pins, a teeny charm pack of Moda fabric and a handy Prym chalk tracing wheel.


All ready to go.




We had a visit to Beamish Museum a few weeks ago, in the Drapers shop they were selling fat quarters so I bought a few, the fabric is lovely quality.  Still got 2 more to use.

She loved it, phew!

When I went into the sewing shop to buy the charm pack and tracing wheel.  Three fat quarters of Tilda somehow fell into my shopping basket.  So had another project to do, this is the start of it.


Its a pouch for keeping letters in to hang on the back of the door next to my desk to keep my "things to do letters" in.  I have a habit of stuffing into a box and forgetting about them!

Cheers
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! What a lovely present to receive. Sounds like you got a bargain book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie, The Works usually have a good selection of books in, I think it was only £3 also got a Liberty of London pattern book for around the same price. They make good pressies for crafty people.

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box