Sunday 27 December 2020

Christmas Elf has been Busy with Felt and Leather.

Hello

Happy Christmas, wishing you all the best in very difficult times.

This year I definitely didn't want to go Xmas shopping so more home made presents than ever.

The cottage has had a mouse infestation, this little lot moved into the conservatory for a short while.



I started making felt baubles, got carried away 




For Joss, a couple of teeny horse shoe tree decorations with her ponies' names on.



Had a go at leather work, making key rings, its harder than it looks.  I did buy a stitching "pony" to hold the leather while I stitched which made it easier.



For my good friend Steph,  a new leather "gardening pinny" complete with phone pocket made on the Singer 222K. I did put a pair of garden snips in there.   I use one all the time when I am working, to keep my snips and garden wire to hand to save me from leaving my tools in the gardens.



Scallop shell scented candles - sprayed them silver, added sea glass "feet", melted scented tealights using the wicks.





Then just for fun, tried the same idea with little shells.



Transformed curtain rings into decorations for my tree with felt, gold thread, bell and ribbon.




I've really enjoyed sewing this years gifts, much better than visiting a busy shopping centre (apologies to the shop owners).  Did do a bit of shopping at local garden centre and animal feed shop for toys for the dogs.

Here's to a better New Year.
Take care
Sharon




8 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy - and what lovely things you have made! You are full of ideas and I shall have to copy some of them I think! I love the shell candles and the mice. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie. I melted the wax in the microwave in an old jug, 3mins and glued the 3 seaglass feet on with UHU glue.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sharon
    Have my late mother’s 221K but pedal failed and I cannot use it. Do you happen to have a spade pedal and flex - must have 3 FLAT pins to connect to machine. Do you happen to have a spare cable I could buy (even if pedal itself needs to be replaced by has the FLAT pins). Sent in hope!! Thanks Dai

    Sent from my iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Dai, how lovely to have your mothers 221 and you want to fix it. I am sorry I don't actually sell parts for these machines. If you are in the UK, there is a chap who runs a Facebook page called Singer Featherweights UK its a private group so you would have to join, he sells parts, hes called Philip Enstone. Or if you are in the USA, the Featherweight Shop sells everything https://singer-featherweight.com/

      Delete
  3. Thks Sharon. Hoped you might help as very disappointed when repair man said he did not hv the part. Am in the UK but Hv emailed the USA company and will try Philip Enstone as well although I do not hv Facebook account. Wishing you happy New Year. Dai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, here is a link with Philip's email address (it didn't show on facebook page) http://carouselcottagecrafts.com/pearls-a-singer/
      He should be able to refurbish your old controller and rewire it, if not he will have a replacement one. He also services the machines to a very high standard.
      The Featherweight shop is brilliant but there is VAT to pay when your parcel arrives in the UK along with an £8 charge from the post office for taking the VAT off you! The last parcel I got there was an extra £19 that I wasn't expecting. Good luck with your machine. All the best for the New Year.

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much Sharon. My wife and I used the machine in the past after I had inherited it and would be very pleased if it can be sorted out again, it really is a good machine as I can tell from your blog you also have found! Judging my the news today we are in lockdown through the country but I trust we will find 2021 not to be so onerous. Dai.

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box