Monday 14 December 2020

Garden Sieve Xmas Wreath

Hello

The cottage elf has been fairly busy recently as she doesn't want to go to the shops for Xmas presents.  Will show the results of the Great Xmas Pressy make after the big day.

In the meantime, thought I would show you my very homemade Xmas wreath.  I had collected lots of fir cones this summer after sweeping up a path in one of my work gardens, seemed a shame to put them in the green bin.

I started with a very old bentwood garden sieve which I bought in at an auction years ago.  It was full of woodworm so I treated before painting it.  Each cone was wired on, this took for ever.  Added some gold bells and some shells which I had sprayed silver.  A set of battery powered lights were wound around the cones.

Its hung on my summerhouse as my front door is glazed.


All lit up, the lights are on a timer.  They are surprisingly bright for battery power.



I had a little wire cone shaped plant support which with the same type of battery lights, looks great in the dark.



Take care

Sharon


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box