Saturday 8 September 2012

Lloyd Loom Chair = En Suite Van!

At the start of summer (before I knew about all the rain!), I was on the look out for a Lloyd Loom Chair that I could use as a garden chair, I had visions of 1930's Poirot scene, they are so more elegant than plastic chairs.  I found one at a local auction but I couldn't get to view or attend the sale.  So I left an online bid, to my joy I got it for £15 and it came with a tatty linen basket which was ripe for restoration as well.  Bargain, I thought!

BUT when I went to collect it, the chap picked it up and sticking out the bottom was a potty, I had only gone and bought a commode!  I really went off it at this stage and didn't want to bring it home but a bid is a legally binding contract so off in the van it went.  This is what it looked like


I got my Laura Ashley eggshell paint out, covered a new seat pad, threw the offending potty in the bin (I might regret this rash act in later life!) and hey presto, a finished garden chair but I have had to wait until this week for the sunshine. (PS.  I made the cushion as well)




When I told our friends in the pub about my purchase, there was much leg pulling that I could leave it in my work van and I would have a en-suite van!!  Least it made everyone laugh.

I will share photos of the restored linen bin in my next blog.

Cheers

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box