Wednesday 2 December 2015

Singer Sewing Machine Accessories

Hello

When I bought my Singer Featherweight I didn't realise that it would start a small collection of all things Singer!  Ebay has a lot to answer for!

I have posted about my Singer Oil Cans collection but there is a host of other things to collect as well.


Singer needle threaders, there are six different designs, I've got three of them.




Singer scissors, only got a couple of these, I am sure that there are more styles and sizes out there.



Singer Tape Measure, got this by accident, didn't even know they did tape measures



Then screw drivers, you only need a small and large one to assist with the maintenance of your machines but its surprising how many different styles there are.  Not sure it the little double ended black one is a Singer one, its not marked so probably not but its a great little thing, ideal for tightening the screws on my glasses.  There are a pair of tweezers with the Singer logo on but haven't been able to get my hands on them yet!



Lint brushes, these are essential if you want to keep your Singer in good condition, its amazing how much lint gathers in the feed dogs.  If you are storing your /Singer its a good idea to dip your brush into Singer Oil and brush over all the moving parts of the machine, this will stop any rust forming, it only needs a light covering don't have it dripping all over.


Then there are the boxes to keep the extra attachments in.


The ones below are the more modern ones.


Hope you have enjoyed the tour of part of my Singer world!  Think I need to get out more, its becoming an obsession!

Cheers
Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box