Monday 26 March 2018

Sylko Trylko Bobbin Drawers Refurbishment

Hello

I bought this Trylko set of drawers a while ago, at the time I just touched up the paintwork where it was flaking off on the edges.


It looked Ok at the time, here it is with its "sister" drawers


BUT keeping it in the conservatory in the sun did not do it any good at all.  The paint started to flake off the back big time.  Ooops.

So drastic action was needed, I went to the decorating shop with a drawer in hand and got them to match the paint.  Unfortunately, the smallest quantity of eggshell was one litre so I have enough for loads of these boxes.  I can't see myself a painting anything else purple!

I sanded down the flaky bits and started  painting.  



Only have 3 vintage Trylko bobbins of thread (I did have but sold them on Ebay before I got the drawers, doh).


There is something about neat tidy rows of bobbins.



Still haven't found a teeny handle for the bottom drawer.

Trylko was a trade name for Dewhursts Terylene Polyester thread for sewing synthetic fabrics.  I am guessing that these drawers and bobbins on top of the drawers are from the late 1960s or early 70s.
Sylko was their trade name for their 100% cotton thread.  The mustard thread reel has a price ticket on it for 10p, 

Cheers
Sharon



4 comments:

  1. Lovely job Sharon! Now hold on while I go and see if I've got any Trylko...... I'm sure I did have.... I've certainly got other even older stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you help please trying to get hold of 9 plus drawers spool holder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, not quite sure what you are looking for drawers or spools of cotton. I don't have any stocks of these drawers, I bought this set off Ebay as a one off. Good luck with your hunt.

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box