Monday 6 May 2019

Beamish Museum Shed Envy

hello

I am a shed sort of girl, perhaps its being brought up on a working smallholding farm in Yorkshire.  I have 2 lovely sheds (well one is a summerhouse) and my greenhouse is masquerading as  shed!

We took Burt to Beamish for a day out, it was my birthday treat.

Great place, I drooled over their sheds.













This little hook caught my attention.


I think this posh looking shed is made out of an old boiler.  The windows are great.


They have rebuilt a cottage belonging to quilter, the poor chap was murdered.  I thought that there would be quilts in there but no, just one on the bed and quilting frame in front of the fire.  He designed Durham Quilts.  There was an article in one of the quilting magazines about this.  I thought that they would have had a collection of quilts in there and make a big deal out of the quilts but the chap dressed in period costume was only talking about the murder.  I was a little disappointed re the lack of quilts.  My sister had been to Beamish, she was given a guide and in was a quilt trail for you to find quilts in the other buildings, unfortunately we weren't given anything when we paid to go in, the girl on the desk was too busy admiring Burt the flirt! She must of forgotten.

Burt the collie, enjoyed his day out.


The even rebuilt the cottage with a crack in the wall.




2 comments:

  1. Oh lovely photos! I love sheds too! The Beamish Museum is one I would love to visit one day. That's the sort of place I too would go for a birthday treat. Better than a trip to New York which someone I know is doing for her birthday later in the year.... I often think I could happily live in a shed.... Pity you didn't get to see more quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beamish is expensive to get in but your tickets are valid for a year so you can go back as many times as you like, great if you are local. You would need at least a couple of visits to see everything, you can catch trams and buses (old ones) to each site. They are building a 50s village and an old coaching house so continuing to grow. Its fab. I would have seen the quilts in other buildings if I hadn't taken Burt with us, he wasn't allowed inside.

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box