Wednesday 7 April 2021

Sewing Room Revamp - New Old Shelves

Hello

I have been having a bit of tidy up in my Sewing Room AKA The Conservatory, AGAIN.  I get it tidy, do some sewing and  then it looks like a bomb's dropped.

My neighbour has been having a clear out and she kindly gave me this little cabinet, perfect for housing my collection of oil cans (I know a bit weird but I think they are cute).



The lovely Sarah sent me a gift in the post, its one of her original paintings of a little mustard spoon.  Luckily I had a little easel that was just the right size to display it.  Here is Sarah's etsy shop Sarah Oatley



I had been keeping my vintage cases on a chair, they are full of material, sewing projects they keep the sun off the fabric to stop it fading.  I had bought some little clay plant pots online from a local shop, when I went to collect them I spied this little set of shelves through the door so on a whim bought them as well!  Think the idea of looking at the outside of shop went to my head! 




There was enough room for my Sylko and Trylko thread drawers (yes, they are full of cotton reels).  
The case on the top is full of things needed to service sewing machines.




I
Sewing has taken a bit of back seat at the moment, the weather has been good and the garden has needed some attention.

Cheers
Sharon


2 comments:

  1. Same here - I sew and the room becomes a mess. I tidy up, same happens! I love your drawers and shelves. My sewing storage is much more boring! And I don't think your collection of oilcans is weird at all. Carry on collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzie, I have so many collections its hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box