Wednesday 10 April 2013

Addition to my sewing room

Hello

Sorry for the gap in blogging.  The weather has finally improved so I have been busy with my gardening job, not that its warmed up too much, still in my thermals! (not a pretty sight but you have to keep warm).

I was quite poorly the back end of last year and lost loads of weight so am now down to a size 6/8 which is ridiculous at my age.  I have a wardrobe full of clothes that hang off me (one skirt actually falls down when I let go of it) sooo inspired by the BBC Sewing Bee programme last week, a tailors dummy was purchased.  It has a stretchy cover over a polystyrene base, I can pad out where necessary so that it will be the same shape as me. Then I can pin my clothes wrong side out and chop great chunks off them!  Well maybe not quite chunks, I will have to be a bit more refined than that.  I did sewing at school a hundred and six years ago (did I tell you that I exaggerate) so am trying to remember how to sew clothes together again, I am sure it will come back to me once I get the scissors out.  These clothes are no earthly good for me as they are so even if I make a mistake,  it won't be the end of the world.

So here she is - should I name her?



Cheers
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box