Tuesday 19 March 2013

First Attempt at a handbag make

Hello

Had a few days at home again cos of the crappy weather (sorry if I sound like a broken record!) gardens far too wet to work in.  Sooooo

Had a go a making a handbag, found a good tutorial on the web http://poppyseedfabrics.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/super-easy-tote-bag-tutorial.html  Had a good hunt in my fabric cupboard and my sewing notions.  The only bit of webbing that I had was a sort of slate blue colour so this was going to be base colour  of my bag (the webbing came off a couple of throws I bought from Primark, they always tie their throws with something interesting,  usually ribbon but in this case webbing).   Had some vintage Laura Ashley fabric along with some pretty fabric my sister gave me.

Here it is.  A lovely summer bag


I enjoyed making it, its got handy pockets on the outside and is lined with the darker floral material.

Cheers

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box