Saturday 10 May 2014

Cozy Cover for Singer 201K

Hello

Been busy playing with my new 201K, its really fast compared with the Featherweight.  Getting more used to the knee controller and quite like using it.

Made a cover for the 201 to protect it from the sun, don't want the paint to fade or the oak base so the cover fits over the machine and base.  Used vintage Laura Ashley curtain fabric which is a nice firm cotton, I put a white cotton lining in it and finished with pretty pink bias binding edge at the bottom. I wanted a snug fit on the base so had to play a around with my pattern to get it to fit.  Finished it off with vintage Mother of Pearl buttons and a dinky scissor label made from printed ribbon.





While I was on, made matching Sew Tidy (aka Thread Catcher), ironing pad and drawstring bag for the power cord.  I like things to match.





Cheers
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box