Monday 6 April 2015

Farndale Daffodils

Hello

These descend from the Farndale Daffodils.  For those who are not from England, Farndale is the National Park of the North York Moors and it's famous for wild daffodils.

Aren't they gorgeous.




There is a little tale about these Daffs, my Great Aunt Clara was married in 1908 and sometime between then and WWI, she went with her husband Percy, on a trip from our village in a charabanc (which is an early bus) and took a spade with her!  She helped herself to a clump of daffs and brought them home.  These daffs were split and moved about the farm, then my Dad took over and carried on splitting the clumps eventually moving some to his bungalow garden.  I have my own clump in my garden so over a hundred years of family tradition is in my hands!

I treasure them more than anything passed down the family.

PLEASE NOTE, TAKING THESE DAFFODILS IS NOT ALLOWED NOW, YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE THROWN IN JAIL AND THE KEY BURIED WITH THE DAFF BULBS!

Cheers
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box