Monday, 10 July 2017

Singer Sewing Machine 221K - Folding Iron

Hello

In America, Singer produced a folding iron to go into the case along with the machine.  I have never seen one of these irons for sale in the UK, I am a frequent user of Ebay and have seen the USA ones fairly regularly.

My sister went into a local Vintage Shop in Yorkshire and found two vintage folding travel irons.  They are not a Singer brand but very similar.  She kindly gave one to me, as you can see, its hardly been used at all.

It comes in a neat well made case.  Haven't tried to see if it will fit in the 221K case, I suspect it might be a bit of a squeeze.


It very comfortable to use and its got some weight about it so lovely to iron with.


Full instructions included.  Not sure that I will be plugging it into a UK light fitting, will use an adaptor.


 All tucked up.


This is what I normally use next to my Sewing Machine.


Was using the 201K today as I needed to sew some leather.  The iron goes really well with it, much  better than plastic!



Cheers
Sharon





4 comments:

  1. That's a very cute little iron. I have a small one from the 1960's that belonged to my aunt. It still works fine and is not very heavy. I would so love to have a Singer iron. I've never even seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deborah, just google Singer 221 folding iron to see what they look like. There are a good selection of this type of non singer irons on UK ebay, they are not expensive. Thanks for visiting the Buttonbox. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little iron! I could do with a second iron for my sewing (and a nice little ironing space...... - I've got the space, just need to set up the right table and make an ironing pad)and shall do some googling when I've got time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it, can't decide whether to leave it in the box all neat and tidy or have it out on display!

      Delete