Saturday 16 May 2020

Cornish Treats in Lockdown

Hello

I have been unwell from the virus since 11th March, had 3 goes when I thought I was over it only for it to clobber me again.  Its debilitating and scary not seeming to make any progress, its like snakes and ladders.  I finally got tested, it was negative but no explanation way I feel so tired and at times quite ill.

My dear friend, Sarah said she had sent a "surprise" in the post.  We sew together so was expecting something sewing related.  How wrong I was.

It was a cream tea in a box all the way from Cornwall.

An afternoon tea in the garden, set a table up, scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam.  The tea is Cornish tea.

Add caption

We had a lovely time in the garden, it was sunny.  Just like being on holiday for a while.

A huge thank you to Sarah for a very thoughtful gift, just what a needed when I was feeling low.

Cheers
Sharon


6 comments:

  1. Oh I do hope you get over it properly very soon. Must be horrible thinking you're over it and then feeling ill again. what alovely gidt that was! and I do like your tea pot and mugs! Denby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzie, thanks, its a proper sod of a thing, there are a lot like me out there, weeks and weeks and still not over it. Yes, the tea pot and mugs are Denby, I got them last year at a car boot, didn't really need them but I liked the tea pot shape and especially the different coloured lid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you'll be rid of it soon! Strangely, I've got the same thing... It could be just the flu - everyone's favourite influenza. I read that there's an unusually late second wave this year, and it is still going. Just because there's a new bug around, it doesn't mean that all the old ones went away! I wish they did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Elena, I have had 4 doctors tell me its the virus but I didn't have the test early enough so when finally got the test it was negative which is a good thing. My GP told me yesterday, my body is repairing the damage from the virus and that's why I feel rubbish. Hope you feel better soon, take care

      Delete
    2. Oh I did not realise it would not register on the test if you were tested late! Anyway, take it easy! Hope you feel better soon!

      Delete
    3. It was the doctor who said you have got more chance of testing positive in the first 5 days, he told me that the virus in me was long gone hence the negative test, he said its my body repairing the damage it has left behind which made me feel poorly and exhausted.

      Delete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box