Friday 18 January 2013

First Quilt Commission

Hello

Well, I have my first quilt commission, well actually 2.  My best pal has asked me to make 2 small quilts to cover a couple of chairs, thanks Steph!  She raided her mum Anita's  fabric stash and picked out some lovely fabric which duly arrived by post (Thanks Anita, bet the postman had fun shoving that lot through the letter box!  I was amazed when I found it on the mat).

Here is the stash



Decided to do pin wheels but when I had completed them and laid them out, it needed something lighter as the colours were too dark so off to my local fabric shop and got some gorgeous sprig fabric.  The quilt tops were quick and easy to sew up.  Then onto the hand quilting, the wadding is quite bulky, next time I think that I will go for a thinner one but it's made lovely thick quilts.   Buzz at this stage is banned from the settee! So filthy looks from him and mutterings from the corner where his bed is!  For some reason he has taken to digging the carpet and his beds before his lies down, this is a new thing, I am sure he does it for attention!  I digress, back to the quilts.

Here they are ready to be packed off "down South", hope she likes them!


Cheers

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box