Saturday 13 June 2015

Furniture Makeovers with New Handles

Hello

Well, what a surprise.  Got an email out of the blue from the lovely Alice at http://www.trinca-ferro.com/  asking if I would like to choose 6 of their beautiful cupboard and drawer knobs and then do a review on my blog. Wow, how exciting.  Took me ages to pick out my favourites, they have loads to choose from.

Had to have the bee one, as they are one of my favourite creatures, they buzz around while I am working taking no notice of me, they are such gentle creatures.  They soothe my soul!

Here it is on my regency table.




Then I couldn't leave out the butterfly one, butterflies must be having a hard time this year, far too cold for them.  Used this on my sewing basket which holds vintage haberdashery.  The lid is a tight fit so something to get hold of is just the ticket.




I bought this vintage desk off Ebay last year.


Painted it with contrasting colours.  Didn't do a blog post on it as I was looking for a new handle for it.


Now after looking for ages, I am spoilt for choice. Two great glass ones.  Which one do you think?






Going to put this mother of pearl flower one on my vintage Singer table but need to take the old one off first and drill a hole.  There lies a problem, my partner is in charge of the drill but he has rearranged the bones in his shoulder falling off his motorbike so won't be drilling anything for a while.

It's beautiful, reminds me of my vintage buttons and you know how I like buttons.  It's so much prettier than the original wooden one.



The other glass one will go on the lid of this recycled wooden box, it holds treasure (well, my Singer sewing machine attachments). Again, waiting a hole to be drilled in it.  Would have a go myself but am too afraid of not getting it right.  

Here's the before

And the nearly after.



Last but not least, this gorgeous ceramic flower. Put this on my 1930's metal cupboard, this was a swine to do up, took ages to strip the old paint off it, then it started to rust through the new paint despite using eggshell paint that said it was OK on metal.

Before 


After, the handle brightens it up.



A big thank you to Alice at http://www.trinca-ferro.com/ .  So enjoyed the experience of reviewing some of the collection.  The quality is outstanding along with value for money.   They arrived super fast once they were ordered.   Going to save up to replace all the handles on my kitchen units, I need 24!

PS - they have great little hooks as well, ideal for hanging scissors and tape measures on next to your sewing machine.

Cheers
Sharon


2 comments:

  1. I love everything you've done here, but the stunning desk makeover is my favourite it is making me swoon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie, absolutely thrilled with the new handle, it's a perfect match. Love this desk, was very tempted to use it as a sewing table, just imagine, shelves filled with fabric!! Was quite firm with myself as its a perfect home office for my gardening business. Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box