Saturday 26 April 2014

Irish Chain Baby Quilt

Hello

My lovely customer Cyndi, who I garden for, asked me if I would make a baby quilt to send to America for her niece's baby. Its a little girl due in the summer so I got some lovely girly pink fabric with sweet little teddies on it.  Decided on Irish chain pattern, it is so simple but very effective.


Made a tote bag for it with the spare fabric.


I hand quilted it on the diagonal using masking tape as a guide and appliqued an embroidered label on it, my American friend Julie said that I must put England on it, I was going to put North Yorkshire but she said that many Americans would never had heard of it!  Can't believe that.


Have a double quilt to make for a wedding present for next year but couldn't decide on a pattern but now I think that I have found the perfect one.

Cheers
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box