Monday 13 August 2018

Singer Sewing Machine 221/222 Swiss Zigzagger and Walking foot No. 160991

Hello

My sister bought  a Swiss Zig Zagger that fits low shank machines, especially the 221K and 222 machines.


She raved about it soo much that I searched Ebay for one and found this in Italy.  Yeah.



It should have 10 discs with it to change the style of the stitches but sadly this one didn't have them my sister kindly gave me 2 spare ones.  You can order them on Ebay, not original but copies of them. They work fine. The sample is of all 10 stitch cams plus the ordinary zig zag stitch.




The beauty of this little attachment is that it doubles up as a walking foot as well.  For straight stitching move the levers on the back the manual shows you how.



It comes in a really cute box.


 It should have a feed dog cover plate but its gone walkabout as well.  I pinched one out of the Griest Buttonholer box, the one that is missing is smaller than this one so it fits in the box.



There is another version of this attachment, No. 160990 the only difference is that it doesn't have the cream shell cover on the attachment itself.

There has been quite a few on Ebay recently a couple of them went for over £100 so not cheap but there was one that went for half that last week.

Cheers

Sharon





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good bit of kit! Did it take you long to work out how to use it? I still haven't got round to even trying out my Singer buttonholer that I got several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little go with it, its not tricky to use and having the manual helps. It was a bit of a extravagant buy, I like collecting different Singer Attachments, I have quite a collection. Next time I machine quilt one of my quilts I will try it as a Walking Foot. I love the buttonholers, the one with the cams in do the most wonderful buttonholes automatically, much better than any modern machine's efforts. Have a go with yours, they are great but oil it first so it moves easily.

    ReplyDelete

Really love receiving your comments, thank you for your visit to the Button Box